OVERTON COMMUNITY COUNCIL
COMMUNITY CHEST GRANT NOTES FOR APPLICANTS
1) Grants may be made by the Overton Community Council towards capital expenditure by local organisations within the area administered by the Community Council.
2) Grants will not be made towards general maintenance or running costs.
3) An application shall be made on a form obtainable from the Clerk to the Community Council.
4) The Community Council reserves the right to request detailed particulars of an applicant's financial position. Any information will be treated in confidence
5) Funds available for grants are limited and there can be no guarantee of a grant being offered in any particular case
6) Grants may be made towards the setting-up of a new local organisation, providing the Community Council is satisfied that a proper constitution exists and that the organisation has adopted a programme of fund-raising events for at least one year.
7) Grants may only be used for the purpose for which they were sought.
8) The Community Council reserves the right to refuse an application without explanation.
9) The Community Council may, if it so decides, offer only a proportion of the grant applied for.
10) The Community Council may request such further information as it requires to consider an application for grant aid
11) An additional written statement of not more than one side of an A4 sheet may be submitted in support of the application
12) The offer of a grant will lapse after a period of 12 months from the date that the offer was made by the Community Council
13) Grants will only become payable upon the submission of a copy of an order, receipt or invoice for the purpose for which the grant has been offered, (e.g. purchase receipt of equipment or where a grant has been made towards a building project, the submission of the first invoice)
14) The application for a grant must be with the Clerk by 31at October - the application will be considered by the Community Council at the November meeting.
Clerk to the Council Overton Village Hall Penyllan Street Overton Wrexham LL130EE
Click here for application form